I made this pasta last week, it was perfect for a late summer meal.
1. Cook the bacon, then chop into small pieces.
2. Blanch the asparagus to soften it a little.
3. Cook bow-tie pasta.
4. While pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce.
5. Sprinkle bacon and asparagus on top of plate of pasta, drizzle with cheese sauce.
Bacon + Cheese + Asparagus + Pasta = Perfection
I’m a sucker for Crème Brûlée, if it’s on a menu I will order it. These bite sized crème brûlées are great because they can be made in advance of a party and all you have to do is broil them for a few minutes prior to eating.
One of these mini Crème Brûlées was the perfect amount to satisfy my craving. The caramelized top was great even without the use of a torch, just be sure to watch it broil because it can quickly go from perfectly melted to burnt. Get the directions here.
With a few weeks left of summer, I am trying to take full advantage of the sun and time outside. Check out some items that have helped me maximize my summer days or that I am eyeing for the remaining weeks.
1. This beach towel would be perfect for going to an outdoor movie.
2. Mindy’s book “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me” was an entertaining quick read.
3. This backpack has been perfect for bringing everything to the beach.
4. I’ve been wearing these sunglasses all summer.
5. These sandals have been my go to for trips to the beach (on sale now)
6. Bocce set for picnics.
7. Stylish weave hat for sunny days.
Any fun things you have been using to enjoy the summer days?
This is currently my favorite drink for surviving this summer heat. It is perfectly refreshing and has a unique citrus flavor.
Here’s to the summer heat and happy Bastille Day,
Not sure if any of you are Bachelorette fans like I am (it’s one of my guilty pleasure), but I decided to make a Bachelorette Bracket. Sort of like March Madness but instead of basketball teams, it’s the contestants on the Bachelorette. (FYI if you are not caught up don’t look any further).
If you play with friends, you can award points based on how many you correctly move to the following week. If you get 6 out of the 8 in Round 4 correct you would get 6 pts. for that round, and so on. Since we are already a few weeks in, I started the brackets with the 11 remaining bachelors. Get the PDF version here.
Who do you think is a good match for Andi and will make it to the Final Four?
I’ve decided to start a new series on Silk & Cinnamon that highlights a fun party idea and includes decor, food or drink ideas, and an invite that you can customize for your own use. The first one is a flamingo themed pool party that has a hint of the 50’s.
1. A chic black and white striped tent // 2. Lawn flamingos straight from the 50’s // 3. Striped pool towels // 4. Flamingo straws // 5. Polka – dot cupcake liners // 6. Inflatable flamingo floating drink holders
If you are interested in using this invitation for your own party, message me and I can send you a customized file with your details that you can print yourself.
I hope you enjoy this new series on the blog, I have already got a couple more ideas in the works.