This project does require quite a bit of patience, but I managed to string all the beads while watching episodes of Cake Boss. I love how the blue beads contrast with the gold, and I created this piece for around $10.
- Beads (amount depends on how large your beads are and how long you want the braid)
- String (strong but thin)
- 6 clam shell crimps
- 2 medium sized jump rings
- Chain (1-2 ft. depending on length of necklace)
- Use a needle to thread the beads, it made the process go a lot quicker.
- Put clear nail polish on the string before enclosing it in the clam shell, this will prevent fraying.
- If you choose a very thin chain like I did, you will need to know the basics of wire wrapping. Some bead stores can help you with this, but this is a great tutorial that gives you all the steps.
Now I just want one in plum and coral! Hope you had a relaxing weekend.