I made this pasta last week, it was perfect for a late summer meal.
1. Cook the bacon, then chop into small pieces.
2. Blanch the asparagus to soften it a little.
3. Cook bow-tie pasta.
4. While pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce.
5. Sprinkle bacon and asparagus on top of plate of pasta, drizzle with cheese sauce.
Bacon + Cheese + Asparagus + Pasta = Perfection
I’m a sucker for Crème Brûlée, if it’s on a menu I will order it. These bite sized crème brûlées are great because they can be made in advance of a party and all you have to do is broil them for a few minutes prior to eating.
One of these mini Crème Brûlées was the perfect amount to satisfy my craving. The caramelized top was great even without the use of a torch, just be sure to watch it broil because it can quickly go from perfectly melted to burnt. Get the directions here.
With a few weeks left of summer, I am trying to take full advantage of the sun and time outside. Check out some items that have helped me maximize my summer days or that I am eyeing for the remaining weeks.
1. This beach towel would be perfect for going to an outdoor movie.
2. Mindy’s book “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me” was an entertaining quick read.
3. This backpack has been perfect for bringing everything to the beach.
4. I’ve been wearing these sunglasses all summer.
5. These sandals have been my go to for trips to the beach (on sale now)
6. Bocce set for picnics.
7. Stylish weave hat for sunny days.
Any fun things you have been using to enjoy the summer days?