One of my favorite summer desserts to make is peach pie. The end of summer is fast approaching and I realized I had not made one yet. I decided to do a twist on my family’s recipe by making mini peach pies. This recipe is truly a family heirloom, my Great-Grandma used to make this for my Mom when she was a child and my Auntie has won awards from this recipe, so get ready for a treat.
Miniature Peach Pie
Ingredients for 11 pies:
- ¾ cup sugar, 3 tbsp. flour, ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ¼ tsp. cinnamon, a dash of salt, 5 to 7 cups of fresh peaches, 2 tbsp. butter, pie crust (I was lazy and bought mine pre-made but I have had good luck with this recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Combine sugar, flour, spices, salt in a large bowl.
- Peel and slice peaches (I make the peaches about 1” x 1” cubes).
- Add peaches to dry ingredients; make sure all peaches are covered, let sit.
- Lay out pie crust and roll slightly thinner, about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a round cookie cutter about 3/3.5 inches in diameter (I used a bowl with a thin lip) and cut out circles of dough. Be strategic about where you place the cookie cutter.
- When the maximum amount of circles have been cut, ball up the remaining dough and re-roll it out to get a few more circles (I created 11 mini pies).
- Spray the cupcake tin to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place dough circles in cupcake tin; push down bottom so that each lays well.
- Make 2 cuts in the bottom of each mini pie.
- Fill each mini crust with peach filling; you may need to slightly rearrange peach slices so there are no big empty areas.
- Place a small dollop of butter on top of each mini pie.
- Bake 30 minutes or until peaches are soft and pie crust is golden.
- Best served warm with vanilla ice cream!