With a few weeks left of summer, I am trying to take full advantage of the sun and time outside. Check out some items that have helped me maximize my summer days or that I am eyeing for the remaining weeks.
1. This beach towel would be perfect for going to an outdoor movie.
2. Mindy’s book “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me” was an entertaining quick read.
3. This backpack has been perfect for bringing everything to the beach.
4. I’ve been wearing these sunglasses all summer.
5. These sandals have been my go to for trips to the beach (on sale now)
6. Bocce set for picnics.
7. Stylish weave hat for sunny days.
Any fun things you have been using to enjoy the summer days?
This sangria recipe ended up being super simple to make and was perfect for a summer evening with friends.
one bottle of white wine
1/4 cup of sugar
one orange (sliced)
1/2 lemon (sliced)
1/2 lime (sliced)
3 oz. brandy
1/2 liter of club soda
Combine all of the ingredients in a large pitcher and let sit in the refrigerator over night to achieve the best flavor.
Pour and enjoy this refreshing drink in the sun,
1. embroidered dress // 2. vintage travel poster // 3. gold lamp // 4. bensimon sneakers // 5. geometric pillow 6. tribal rug 7. scallop bikini // 8. rose case
It has been a while since my last post, the past few weeks have been crazy busy. I’ve relocated to a new city, changed jobs, found an apartment, and traveled to Boston, Chicago, and New Orleans. But now that everything is settling down, I am so ready for summer. Here are some summer inspired pieces that are holding me over while I wait for the sunny days to come to Seattle.
Have a relaxing memorial day,
One of my favorite summer desserts to make is peach pie. The end of summer is fast approaching and I realized I had not made one yet. I decided to do a twist on my family’s recipe by making mini peach pies. This recipe is truly a family heirloom, my Great-Grandma used to make this for my Mom when she was a child and my Auntie has won awards from this recipe, so get ready for a treat.
Miniature Peach Pie
Ingredients for 11 pies:
- ¾ cup sugar, 3 tbsp. flour, ¼ tsp. nutmeg, ¼ tsp. cinnamon, a dash of salt, 5 to 7 cups of fresh peaches, 2 tbsp. butter, pie crust (I was lazy and bought mine pre-made but I have had good luck with this recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Combine sugar, flour, spices, salt in a large bowl.
- Peel and slice peaches (I make the peaches about 1” x 1” cubes).
- Add peaches to dry ingredients; make sure all peaches are covered, let sit.
- Lay out pie crust and roll slightly thinner, about ¼ inch thick.
- Use a round cookie cutter about 3/3.5 inches in diameter (I used a bowl with a thin lip) and cut out circles of dough. Be strategic about where you place the cookie cutter.
- When the maximum amount of circles have been cut, ball up the remaining dough and re-roll it out to get a few more circles (I created 11 mini pies).
- Spray the cupcake tin to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place dough circles in cupcake tin; push down bottom so that each lays well.
- Make 2 cuts in the bottom of each mini pie.
- Fill each mini crust with peach filling; you may need to slightly rearrange peach slices so there are no big empty areas.
- Place a small dollop of butter on top of each mini pie.
- Bake 30 minutes or until peaches are soft and pie crust is golden.
- Best served warm with vanilla ice cream!